Calcium Fluoride Quick Details：
Chemical name: Calcium Fluoride
Product name: Fluorite
CAS No.: 7789-75-5
Molecular Fomula: CaF2
Molecular weight: 78.07
Appearance: Light Yellow powder
Calcium Fluoride Typical Properties
|Appearance||Light Yellow powder||Conform|
|CaF2 %||≥ 97.00||97.20|
|CaCO3 %||≤ 1.20||1.00|
|SiO2 %||≤ 1.50||1.43|
|S %||≤ 0.05 %||0.025|
|P %||≤ 0.03 %||0.01|
|Moisture %||≤1.00 %||0.35|
Calcium Fluoride description：
Fluorite, also known as calcium fluoride, is a common halide mineral. It is a compound whose composition is calcium fluoride and is an important mineral for the extraction of fluorine. Fluorite is available in a variety of colors and is also transparent and colorless. Transparent, colorless fluorite can be used to make special optical lenses. There are many uses for fluorite, such as fluxes used in steelmaking and aluminum production, in the manufacture of opal glass, enamel products, catalysts in the production of high-octane fuels, and the like. Fluorite is generally granular or massive, with a glassy luster, green or purple. Fluorite often emits blue-green fluorescence under ultraviolet or cathode radiation, and its name is based on this feature. Before the artificial fluorite technology was mature, it was one of the materials for manufacturing optical glass used in lenses.
Calcium Fluoride Usage：
1. Metallurgical industry: fluorite has the characteristics of reducing the melting point of refractory substances, promoting the flow of slag, separating slag and metal well, desulfurization and dephosphorization during smelting, and enhancing the calcinability and tensile strength of metals. Therefore, it is widely used as a flux in steel smelting and ferroalloy production, iron processing and non-ferrous metal smelting. Fluorite ore for smelting generally requires a calcium fluoride content of more than 65%, and also has certain requirements for the main impurity silica, and has strict limits on sulfur and phosphorus. The sulfur and phosphorus contents should not be higher than 0.3% and 0.08%, respectively.
2. Chemical industry: the main raw material for the production of anhydrous hydrofluoric acid, the basic raw material for fluorine chemicals (Freon, fluoropolymer, fluorine-containing fine chemicals)
3. Cement industry: the mineralizer for producing cement clinker can reduce the sintering temperature, easy to calcine, short firing time and save energy.
4. Glass industry: the production of emulsified glass, opaque glass and colored glass, can reduce the temperature of glass smelting, improve the melt, accelerate the melting, and thus reduce the fuel consumption ratio
5. Ceramic industry: the flux and opacifier for the manufacture of ceramics and enamel, and one of the indispensable ingredients for the preparation of glaze.
Calcium Fluoride Package and Shipping：
50 kg or 1000kg jumbo bag
Delivery: within 5-7 working days.